The Official DSI/Sequential Forum

Pro 2 Screen goes black

Pro 2 Screen goes black
« on: December 05, 2017, 09:48:27 AM »
I have been having this issue these last days where the pro 2 screen suddenly goes black and i don't know how to turn it back on again short of having to power it off and on again. Is this a normal thing to happen to save energy or something ? The sound stays the same it's only a screen issue

Re: Pro 2 Screen goes black
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 04:50:01 PM »
does it need a power cycle to show the screen again? i know the screen turns off after a few minutes of no use to save the OLED, but it always comes back on as soon as you touch a key/button/knob. there is a setting to turn this feature off

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 08:29:02 AM »
does it need a power cycle to show the screen again? i know the screen turns off after a few minutes of no use to save the OLED, but it always comes back on as soon as you touch a key/button/knob. there is a setting to turn this feature off

Soundsniper, I haven't used my Pro 2 in a while, but yes, I had that happen several times early on, though I don't recall it happening at all on the new OS.  Display would go black and I couldn't get lit up again with out the 'ole turn off and on trick. Naturally a bummer if you we're in the middle of making a patch and didn't save it.    There's a turn off for the screen screen saver as I recall.  I think when I disabled it that helped.  Like I said, this was on the old OS.   
DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop, Prophet 8,  Pro-2, OB6, P-12

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 03:50:57 AM »
It's weird , now it doesn't happen anymore ( didn't change a thing ) anyways thanks for the help !

Soundsniper, I haven't used my Pro 2 in a while, but yes, I had that happen several times early on, though I don't recall it happening at all on the new OS.  Display would go black and I couldn't get lit up again with out the 'ole turn off and on trick. Naturally a bummer if you we're in the middle of making a patch and didn't save it.    There's a turn off for the screen screen saver as I recall.  I think when I disabled it that helped.  Like I said, this was on the old OS.

Shaw

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 05:07:52 AM »
#jeditechskills

“These aren’t the problems you thought you were having.”
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 11:33:44 AM »
I guess I spoke too soon.  Screen went black yesterday and had to power down and up to get any function back.  It'd still play but all settings were locked in place.    I did had have a midi cable going in from a sequencer.  Don't know if that matters.  I'll keep an eye on it.
DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop, Prophet 8,  Pro-2, OB6, P-12

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

NLB

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 05:20:40 AM »
I've just encountered this problem. Have owned a Pro-2 for a year now and only today the screen has started to go blank after a few seconds, requiring power cycle to bring it back, then it goes blank again. Changed screen-saver settings - nothing.

Then I remembered that last night I changed my default patch (by pressing Global twice). On the off-chance I chose a new default patch and the problem went away.

Will also keep an eye on it.