The Official DSI/Sequential Forum

Vintage/Classic soundsets for the OB6 and P6

Vintage/Classic soundsets for the OB6 and P6
« on: March 25, 2017, 07:03:47 AM »
Hi guys. My Vintage/Classic soundsets for the OB6 and Prophet 6 are now available to buy.
Follow the link in the info section of this video.  Any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a29nZUwRGCU&lc=z22afdja5y3axje1dacdp432xikpvehp1ld1xqnv5dpw03c010c

Re: Vintage/Classic soundsets for the OB6 and P6
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 08:11:14 AM »
Picked these up yesterday and after I loaded them I was pleasantly surprised.

Im not a programmer--I just want to mash keys and tweak a knob or two, but thats it. These sets Luke designed are very nicely done and opens up the ob6 in ways one expects from this synth. Heck I can now play Little Red Corvette!

The aftertouch is tastefully done as well in these patches.

Hell patch 390 (i think) sounded like the bass line in a song from Lisa Lisa and cult jam (i wonder if I take you home)! I was gobsmacked at the other sounds I heard that were reminiscent of vintage 80s tracks I grew up listening to.

Really a nice pack. The dev was kind to answer questions I had quickly as well.

I encourage you cats to smoke 'em over... ;-)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 08:13:31 AM by Morgenspaziergang »

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 10:39:32 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out how you got the Jump patch on the OB6.
Prophet 6, Prophet X, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Moog Sub 37, Tempest Drum Computer, Roland V Piano,Kurzweil K2600XS, Roland FA-08, Baldwin Upright Piano, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Gibson Chet Atkins SST, Jackson King V, Ibanez Jem, Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 11:08:44 AM »
Isn't that the default setting on every Oberheim?  Just shake it a little and it should come up.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 03:08:03 PM »
Isn't that the default setting on every Oberheim?  Just shake it a little and it should come up.

I think there's a bit more to it than that. Lol
Prophet 6, Prophet X, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Moog Sub 37, Tempest Drum Computer, Roland V Piano,Kurzweil K2600XS, Roland FA-08, Baldwin Upright Piano, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Gibson Chet Atkins SST, Jackson King V, Ibanez Jem, Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 11:07:57 PM »
Hi Luke, question.....is it one sound set for the OB-6 or 2?  When you load the soundset which bank does it load into?  Demos sound really good man!  Keep it up!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:09:46 PM by John01W »

Pidcin

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 08:14:21 PM »

Last I heard, you had a very authentic and convincing “jump” tone yourself . And I wanted to know how you did that!

I know it’s saw waves , but there’s more to it than just saw waves , chorus and slight detuned

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 08:20:06 PM »
If I ever created and used a "jump" patch, I can assure you it was entirely by accident.  Anyway, I usually give patch notes below my videos.  And I never use chorus.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 08:47:24 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 04:32:39 AM »

Last I heard, you had a very authentic and convincing “jump” tone yourself . And I wanted to know how you did that!

I know it’s saw waves , but there’s more to it than just saw waves , chorus and slight detuned

Yeah I didn't get a chance to go to the studio this week but I'll try and go this week sometime and do some recording of it. I actually think the the REV2 is going to get you closer to the JUMP patch than the OB6 or P6 due to the Curtis filter which was on the OBXa.