The Official DSI/Sequential Forum

Razmo's Gear Rant Thread...

Shaw

Re: Razmo's Gear Rant Thread...
« Reply #520 on: January 02, 2018, 01:23:37 PM »
It will contain rants about what wonders I discover using the REV2 and V-Synth :D
With the Rev2 and V-Synth, that sounds more like praise than rants -- they are both pretty stable and solid sounding machines.
Maybe you'll post music instead?
P12  |  P2  |  OB-6  |  Moog Voyager XL  |  Moog Minitaur

Razmo

« Reply #521 on: January 02, 2018, 03:06:17 PM »
It will contain rants about what wonders I discover using the REV2 and V-Synth :D
With the Rev2 and V-Synth, that sounds more like praise than rants -- they are both pretty stable and solid sounding machines.
Maybe you'll post music instead?

Not instead.... but also :) ... and most likely also soundbanks for both REV2 and V-Synth...

Razmo

« Reply #522 on: January 11, 2018, 02:45:42 AM »
Well... a quick decision has been made... I returned the REV2, mainly because I really do not feel that I need it when I've got the V-Synth... analog VCF/VCA is not really that important when making ambient music, and I've got this feeling that I only want ONE synth to work with, and that one is the V-Synth...

So I'm DSI free again... and have no intention of buying anything else but a V-Synth GT when I can get my hands on one (looking for one right now).

The V-Synth basically gives me a bit of everything... it has VA synthesis, sampling synthesis and VariPhrase synthesis... if you record wavetables as samples, the VariPhrase technology will let you do timbres like wavetables as well that you can modulate... the oscillators can do ringmod and FM as well, so also have some FM tones capabilities... it has tons of COSM FX to further tweak, and a comprehensive FX section etc... formant synthesis too...

Summa Summarum... I do not NEED anything else to do what I want, and having only ONE keyboard synth makes everything extremely easy to comprehend... I can focus on this ONE synth, and become a "Jedi Master" in it, instead of dividing my time on hoards of other synths...

This also means that my GAS will shift to something else, and that has already started... I'm collecting lots of acoustic instruments of all sorts to record and use... I'll be creating everything I can myself, and the sounds I cannot record myself I'll be buying as sample packs (mostly samples of nature and vocals)...

So I do not know how valuable my presence here on the DSI forums will be in the future really... I'll have no DSI instruments again... I'll pop by now and then nonetheless, to discuss the new synths coming from DSI :)