The Official DSI/Sequential Forum

Prophet 600

Re: Prophet 600
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2017, 10:48:13 PM »
Funny to feel I'm possibly hijacking this thread, but my question is basic and not related to any upgrades.
I have only had limited experience with the 600. The main studio I used to record at had one and I'd mess with it for a few minutes at a time. I don't remember much of it. Curious now, as a Prophet 6 owner and former P5 owner, how the 600 sits sonically in the sandwich.

Good question, in my opinion sonically the original (non-upgraded) Prophet-600 is a rough beast which lacks a bit the variable and creamy sound of the P5. The Prophet 6 comes with a more clean and perhaps the most variable sound. The GliGli & Pan modded P600 however catches up greatly to the P5, making it a quite good (and cheaper!) alternative. The P5 design remains to be an all-time beauty though.

I'd be also interested in the judgement of other users...   8)

For your convenience I uploaded another 13 sound examples  (Prophet-600 with gligli + panorama) here, pls. see "Klangbeispiele": 

https://www.amazona.de/leser-artikel/sequential-circuits-prophet-600-panorama-modifikation/

Note I recorded directly into my notebook using the built-in (sorry a bit noisy) soundcard, no effects, no postproduction, just raw stuff.

Hope you like it anyway.  8)

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2017, 12:23:52 PM »
Funny to feel I'm possibly hijacking this thread, but my question is basic and not related to any upgrades.
I have only had limited experience with the 600. The main studio I used to record at had one and I'd mess with it for a few minutes at a time. I don't remember much of it. Curious now, as a Prophet 6 owner and former P5 owner, how the 600 sits sonically in the sandwich.

Good question, in my opinion sonically the original (non-upgraded) Prophet-600 is a rough beast which lacks a bit the variable and creamy sound of the P5. The Prophet 6 comes with a more clean and perhaps the most variable sound. The GliGli & Pan modded P600 however catches up greatly to the P5, making it a quite good (and cheaper!) alternative. The P5 design remains to be an all-time beauty though.

For your convenience I uploaded another 13 sound examples  (Prophet-600 with gligli + panorama) here, pls. see "Klangbeispiele": 

https://www.amazona.de/leser-artikel/sequential-circuits-prophet-600-panorama-modifikation/

Note I recorded directly into my notebook using the built-in (sorry a bit noisy) soundcard, no effects, no postproduction, just raw stuff.

Quite nice, and "raw" is my preferred way of listening to a synth in the wild.

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »

Quite nice, and "raw" is my preferred way of listening to a synth in the wild.

Excellent, thanks, please give a shout when you come for "Clubbing in Munich;)

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2017, 03:01:06 AM »
My friend Marcus is now also a  v e r y   p r o u d  owner of this great synthesizer. I helped him to build up / integrate both upgrades GliGli and Pan Mod.
Note Marcus recorded an LP with pure Prophet 600 sound before we did the upgrades. This vinyl is not professionally marketed. Actually it is not marketed at all, it was mainly the realization of a dream. However anyone interested I'd be happy to get you in touch, just let me know.