The Official DSI/Sequential Forum

Prophet hangs in DAW

Prophet hangs in DAW
« on: December 27, 2017, 01:22:46 PM »
Hello everyone, I have a problem with my Prophet 6. After a few minutes of use in Daw (FL Studio 12.5) Prophet hangs, a preset that was used playing continuous signal. Until I remove the USB from the computer or do not reset the synthesizer (off / on) nothing works, nothing can be changed, just hangs. Could it be the fault of the audio interface? I use the focusrite scarlett 2i4. For information, I will add that I also use another analog synthesizer and nothing happens like that. My Prophet 6 is updated to version 1.4.0, and i use Prophet 6 Sound Editing Software from soundtower.
thank you in advance for your help

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
Re: Prophet hangs in DAW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 01:52:02 AM »
Hello everyone, I have a problem with my Prophet 6. After a few minutes of use in Daw (FL Studio 12.5) Prophet hangs, a preset that was used playing continuous signal. Until I remove the USB from the computer or do not reset the synthesizer (off / on) nothing works, nothing can be changed, just hangs. Could it be the fault of the audio interface? I use the focusrite scarlett 2i4. For information, I will add that I also use another analog synthesizer and nothing happens like that. My Prophet 6 is updated to version 1.4.0, and i use Prophet 6 Sound Editing Software from soundtower.
thank you in advance for your help

Is "Local On" - You can find it in the Global settings.  If it is on, then you are creating a MIDI Loop that goes from the P6, into the DAW, then back out again, and again....

Turn it to "off"
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK & Behringer DeepMind 12.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 08:13:06 AM »
unfortunately it didn't help

any ideas?

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 08:57:16 AM »
unfortunately it didn't help

any ideas?

If you run SoundTower for a while, without any problems (and with FL Studio not running), then it's likely a configuration issue within FL Studio. You could also try the VST version (SoundTower PlugSE), rather than the standalone version, to see if that solves your problem.
Sequential / DSI / Pioneer stuff: Prophet-12 desktop, Pro-2, AS-1, Prophet-600 Gligli, Prophet 2000

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »
I connected prophet to the interface via midi cables, and now it's ok, nothing hanghs. It is possible that the usb cable was damaged. Thank you for your help :)
 Do you know how to make Prophet 6 SE Plugin remember the sound I used in the song? Every time I come back to the project, I have to search the preset again.

Thanks