The Official DSI/Sequential Forum

transpose button

transpose button
« on: December 27, 2017, 03:57:16 AM »
Hi everyone, just got an OB6 for christmas and so far I'm in love with it but I noticed a strange behaviour with one of the transpose button : sometimes when I press it it will jump two values (kindalike a contact bounce ?) and more rarely it show no response  :( can it come from a dirty contact, is there a way to fix it without sending it back to the shop ?

Re: transpose button
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 06:58:56 AM »
I encourage you to contact DSI via their support email for a faster and more direct response to your concern.

I will say Iíve an ob6 synth and it works as i expect it to....

Iím sorry i dont know what contact bounce means... I am probably not as good as a keyboard player/engineer as you so idont know all the lingo...

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 09:58:27 AM »
Hi everyone, just got an OB6 for christmas and so far I'm in love with it but I noticed a strange behaviour with one of the transpose button : sometimes when I press it it will jump two values (kindalike a contact bounce ?) and more rarely it show no response  :( can it come from a dirty contact, is there a way to fix it without sending it back to the shop ?

Yes, contact DSI support about it. It looks like a possibly defective TACT switch.
For now you can try to repeatedly press it many times, as it might temporarily clear the fault (if oxidized contacts inside).
It might also be a bad solder joint somewhere, in which case doing that won't change anything.

You can contact DSI support here by clicking on the "Submit a support ticket" button (that one will not bounce  ;)):
https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/support/contact-support/

Minimoog D (vintage), DSI OB6 (module), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller), DSI REV2-16, Behringer DeepMind 12, Mac Mini Unibody 2010 (audacity).

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 10:04:33 AM »
thanks guys, I just send them a message ! would be pretty bummed if the button is faulty, the thing was bought new one week ago  :'(

edit : lfo filter freq button got the same problem but it seems it's oxidised contact ! pushed them a few times and everythings looks ok !  ;D thanks AlainHubert !
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 10:50:57 AM by StephDamo »

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 02:18:18 PM »
thanks guys, I just send them a message ! would be pretty bummed if the button is faulty, the thing was bought new one week ago  :'(

edit : lfo filter freq button got the same problem but it seems it's oxidised contact ! pushed them a few times and everythings looks ok !  ;D thanks AlainHubert !

You're welcome. Glad it worked, temporarily.  :)
Enjoy your new fantastic sounding synth !

Those TACT style switches usually require to be pressed at least a couple of times a day in order the be kept "clean". If your OB6 was in storage for a long time, perhaps in a damp warehouse before you bought it, that could perhaps explain it.

That's why I hate TACT switches so much. That, and digital encoders too ! Geez I hate those flimsy, unreliable things !  >:(

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 02:23:24 PM by AlainHubert »
Minimoog D (vintage), DSI OB6 (module), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller), DSI REV2-16, Behringer DeepMind 12, Mac Mini Unibody 2010 (audacity).