The Official DSI/Sequential Forum

Rev 2 Tips and Tricks!

Re: Rev 2 Tips and Tricks!
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 08:58:56 AM »
I made a nice little discovery last night. With Ring Mod on and tuning set all the way down to 0 or 1, you can get some really nice tremolo effects. In conjunction with the mix knob it adds a little something extra that's different from only modulating the Amplifier or Panning settings. Also, turning Keytracking on makes the speed of the trem vary depending on the lowest note played. This makes for a very dynamic and inspiring effect! I discovered this with a simple EP sort of patch and it really turned the patch into something wonderful.
I might be talking to myself here but if anyone would like a copy of these patches I can upload them  :D

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 12:05:07 PM »
I made a nice little discovery last night. With Ring Mod on and tuning set all the way down to 0 or 1, you can get some really nice tremolo effects. In conjunction with the mix knob it adds a little something extra that's different from only modulating the Amplifier or Panning settings. Also, turning Keytracking on makes the speed of the trem vary depending on the lowest note played. This makes for a very dynamic and inspiring effect! I discovered this with a simple EP sort of patch and it really turned the patch into something wonderful.
I might be talking to myself here but if anyone would like a copy of these patches I can upload them  :D
Very nice tip thank you, and let one of the LFOs add periodically 1 or 2 to FX parameter 1 gives a nice weird random character to the tremolo effect  :)
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet Rev2 and Evolver desktop, Waldorf Blofeld, Roland System-1, Korg Microstation, Nord Rack 2, Akai S5000, Dato DUO, Bitwig v1 and v2. Trying to become daw-less...

https://soundcloud.com/user-252754541

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 12:59:36 PM »
Of course, and thank you! That's a great idea, I'll have to give it a go tonight  :)

I don't have the synth in front of me to try it out right now, but I'd imagine assigning Note Number to the Ring Mod tuning with a small amount would also wield some interesting results. Or velocity. Perhaps an envelope too! One of the things I love about the Rev 2 is that it has almost none of the limitations I had with my previous synths. I can make just about anything I can dream up and that is a truly wonderful thing!

It seems that the ring mod effect has some movement within the stereo spectrum that gives the effect a little bit more depth. I think I'll be using this quite a bit in the future.

Very nice tip thank you, and let one of the LFOs add periodically 1 or 2 to FX parameter 1 gives a nice weird random character to the tremolo effect  :)