The Official DSI/Sequential Forum

how to use ob6 editor with a daw

how to use ob6 editor with a daw
« on: August 13, 2017, 01:22:34 AM »
Hi,

I bought an ob6 module yesterday :) and im trying to figure out how things work and I would really like to see the settings for the presets. On my lead a1 there is monitor button where I can see the setting of all parameters but there is no such thing on the ob6 so I downloaded the editor from soundtower. My ob6 is connected to a usb hub where my usb keyboard is also connected. The problem is I can only use the ob6 in a daw because I have to configure the routing of my usb midi keyboard to ob6 otherwise i get no sound so I cant use the editor in a daw simultaneously because the ports are blocked. Is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Jdoo

Re: how to use ob6 editor with a daw
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 05:59:21 AM »
Congrats on your OB-6.  My setup is slightly different, but I can give my experience with the SoundTower editor.  I have to connect directly from my OB-6 module USB to my Mac for SoundTower to work.  Going through my hub doesnt work.  I Also go MIDI out from my controller to the OB (not using USB for MIDI).  Another thing to note, iirc - the SoundTower editor is not fully functional with the demo version.

hth -

Joe