The Official DSI/Sequential Forum

BPM Behaviour / Not Sync

Re: BPM Behaviour / Not Sync
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2018, 12:12:29 AM »
Muleskinner, looks like I may have to try before I argue you but to comment the Livet (which I assumed you meant by "etc" GASP - a bigger insult) is like lager to craft beer is crazy talk.

;D

I used to drink the 'Glens' all the time (OK, not all the time, I am not an alcoholic) - once you go full Islay you never go back!  ;)

I guess this stuff is fairly expensive your side of the pond and harder to get hold of the more esoteric brands. I am also a bourbon fan and would be interested in any recommends in that department...

Sorry, this has gone way OT but you started it!

Stoss

Re: BPM Behaviour / Not Sync
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2018, 09:49:39 PM »
I think a dedicated thread to whisky / whiskey seems appropriate at this point. But in the meantime... I would almost agree with the “once to Islay there is no return” sentiment. I started my Scotch Whisky adventure with a Balblair 97. Wonderfully smooth vanilla, caramel, etc. I then found myself heavily in the Islay camp... full love for Lagavulin 16 and could even fully appreciate the more heavily medicinal Ardbeg and Laphroigs. I now find myself able to really appreciate all of them depending on what I’m in the mood for (and keep the cabinet stocked as such). I also enjoy a good bourbon or rye, or many cocktails made with them... Sazerac!!! I could keep going here, but probably best to stop.

Also, while the Tempest clock is sloppy, it luckily doesn’t really hinder the way my group makes music. It’s just one of those many things that I wish DSI would polish... and honestly is a constant reminder that they seem a little incapable of putting the final clear coat on an otherwise brilliant invention.

But yeah... Scotchy Scotch Scotch.