The Official DSI/Sequential Forum

Any hope of getting a functional "Local Off"?

Any hope of getting a functional "Local Off"?
« on: December 10, 2015, 04:54:38 PM »
It's a problem I've had since day one. With Local Off, the Pro 2 wont change patches from the front panel, even when record enabled in Live. Literally every keyboard synth with keys seems to have this. Even other DSI products, and I don't really get why it's excluded.

So, any hope that it's being addressed?

Re: Any hope of getting a functional "Local Off"?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 11:14:34 PM »
Until they fix this I have a M4L thingy I wrote that fixes this in Live, let me find it and I will post it here....

Here it is, use this as the first thing in your midi track in live and it will fix the problem.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:18:41 PM by BobTheDog »

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 11:43:32 AM »
Thank! I will definitely give that a shot. I appreciate it. I wonder about some of the choices made with the Pro 2. Soundwise it's amazing, I just wish some of the more functional details were focused on.

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 07:21:03 PM »
Hi,

I'm the new owner of a Pro2 that I want to use as the primary keyboard with Ableton Live and am having this exact same problem with Local Control off - I'm running the latest OS 1.3.0 so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's a fix or work around as it's VERY frustrating..

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 04:33:20 AM »
If you use the M4L patch posted above it will fix the problem.

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 07:43:57 PM »
If you use the M4L patch posted above it will fix the problem.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply :)

I've tried using that but it doesn't seem to work on my system (Mac OS 10.13.2). When I expand the zip file the compressed file opens without a file extension IE it's named P12PatchChangeFixadv. So when I edit to have the correct file extension IE change it to - P12PatchChangeFix.adv and then load it into Ableton I get a error message of  "/P12PatchChangeFix.adv" was not found. If I then save it to my user library and then drag in into the track for the Pro2 I get a message of "Could not access the Max device file "P12PatchChangeFix.amxd".

Forgive me if I'm being obtuse :-)

Arik
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:06:48 PM by Naut.Sirius »

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 10:48:12 AM »
Hi Arik, I'll have a check in the morning and get back to you...

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 09:22:23 PM »
Hi Arik, I'll have a check in the morning and get back to you...

Thank you very much  :)

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 10:05:37 PM »
Hi Arik,

I'm not quite sure why that isn't working for you, the file should have a adv extension and contain the amxd patch I thought, it works here but that may be because I have the amxd!

I have included a zip with the amxd file, it should have the extension amxd after you unzip it.

You should be able to drag the file to a midi track in live, does that work?

Cheers

Andy