The Official DSI/Sequential Forum

Soundtower for OB-6 - My experience with it..

Re: Soundtower for OB-6 - My experience with it..
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 05:13:03 PM »
Well I heard back from Soundtower, not sure how some people have got the demo transmitting , bc the demo has that disabled.

From their email, this is how the demo is limited

- Parameter editing disabled
- Saving and loading files disabled
- Writing programs to OB-6
- Transmitting is disabled.
This means that you cannot really do anything other to make sure that you are able to establish proper MIDI communication between the synth and the Editor and preview all the Editor's features.

Of course I couldn't find this info on the site as it seems a bit half assed, but hopefully the editor isn't.
So basically even though they recommend you test it with the demo on their site, they admit you can't in a customer support email ?

In short I probably don't trust their business as you cannot get a refund if it doesn't work, but you can't test that in demo mode.
Doesn't inspire confidence does it.

Edit: missed pls last posts, so basically it's ok for everybody but effects don't display ? Is this still beta ?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 05:22:39 PM by h4ndcrafted »

Jdoo

Re: Soundtower for OB-6 - My experience with it..
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 06:35:31 PM »
Edit: missed pls last posts, so basically it's ok for everybody but effects don't display ? Is this still beta ?

Well... they display..  Just the wrong effect.   :o   Actually, I saves the right value / effect that is on your OB, but the GUI has the wrong text, in it's display.