The Official DSI/Sequential Forum

Additional Feature Request List

Re: Additional Feature Request List
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2017, 02:57:58 AM »
Hi there, my first post having got my Pro2 yesterday - some brilliant suggestions here.
I'd like to add a short list for consideration along with the rest:
* would love to see the name of the patch I'm about to overwrite
* the arpeggiator is key-synced - I'd love it if this was merely an option and you could also choose the classic beat-synced method where timing can't be screwed by (my) sloppy playing.
* fab sequencer - how cool would it be if you didn't have to sequence notes at all but could use it for parameter sequencing?
* would be groovy if you could turn off reception of program changes. I turned off transmission thinking it might handle reception too but no. On a related topic, how do I specify the MIDI channel of the second MIDI output (having reassigned Thru to Out - nice feature!)? If not possible, could it be? ;)
* finally, instead of 4 delays of 1 second, it'd be lovely if the time could be allocated dynamically - 4 secs divided any way you want.

Thanks for listening, now back to the joy of experimentation!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 03:11:39 AM by BongMystic »

« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2017, 09:34:05 AM »
Linear FM would be amazing. +1

« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2017, 03:32:57 PM »
* would love to see the name of the patch I'm about to overwrite
* fab sequencer - how cool would it be if you didn't have to sequence notes at all but could use it for parameter sequencing?

You can use compare in the save menu to not only see the patch, but demo it, and cycle through all user programs.

As far as your sequencing question goes, you could make a single note 16 steps long by tying steps 1 to 16 together, then using the keyboard as the sequence input. This will give you 16 steps of modulation that activate with each new key press, but it will only play one long held note. You will have to adjust your envelopes accordingly, and sequencer track slew will be really handy in this situation (for your modulation tracks). I think that will accomplish what you're trying to do

« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2017, 03:36:10 PM »
I'm new so I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I'd really like the ability to change the gate length of notes in the sequencer and arp. Whether this is a global sequencer amount, or a per step feature, it would be very handy. Right now it sounds that the gate length is fixed at around 75%. If you run a sequence with your amp EG release zeroed, there's a small gap of silence between the notes.

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2017, 04:30:02 PM »

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2017, 05:48:06 PM »
Is it possible to include "tempo" as a modulation destination on the Pro-02?  I'd like to try modulating the sequencer or arp tempo with an LFO, etc.